Company

Chronological history

1861

Founding of the “J. H. Lücke & Rasch, Tapeten und Rouleauxfabrik” by Johann Heinrich Lücke and Hermann Wilhelm Gottfried Rasch.

1897

Rasch GmbH & Co. wallpaper factory established by Guido Wiecking, Hugo and Emil Rasch.

1910

Opening of international design offices in Paris, Amsterdam, Copenhagen and London.

1912

Opening of offices in Melbourne and Sydney.

1926

First artists’ collections by rasch are printed.

1929

Together with the legendary art school of the Bauhaus Dessau, Rasch developed a new generation of wallcoverings, the "Bauhaus Wallpaper".

1933

Acquisition of the rights to brand name of “bauhaus” by Mies van der Rohe; Bauhaus wallpapers continue to be produced today.

1939

Launch of the “Wiener Künstlertapeten” under the direction of and co-operation with Josef Hoffmann, a co-founder of the Vienna Secession.

1950

Launch of the “rasch-KÜNSTLER-Tapeten” with designs by renowned architects and artists including Fritz August Breuhaus, Hans Schwipper and Maria May.

1960s

Expansion of the artistic group by prominent creative talents such as Salvador Dalí and Raymond Peynet.

1992

The “Zeitwände” wallpaper collection designed by renowned designers, such as Alessandro Mendini, Matteo Thun and George J. Sowden, receives awards and has been exhibited since then in various museums.

1997

Opening of office in Ukraine.

2006

Expansion of production by opening a site in Poland.


Facts and Figures

Legal company name

Tapetenfabrik Gebr. Rasch GmbH & Co. KG

Headquarters

Bramsche, Deutschland

Management

Dr. Frederik Rasch
Dario Rasch-Schulze Isfort

Workforce

750 employees (worldwide)

Turnover

161 million euros (turnover of the group in 2014)